Well, it was bound to happen. The child only asks 400 questions a day. It's only a matter of time before he asks the question. One of these days your luck is bound to run out. Chad & I's ran out last Sunday. We were all in the car driving somewhere when the question came from the backseat, "Where do babies come from?"
Chad & I exchanged looks, and I said they come from Mommie's tummies. Chad said some come from eggs. (Yes, he was trying to diffuse the situation, but I couldn't help but look at him like he was nuts.) He said, "Yeah, like chicks - baby chickens." Keegan immediately pipes up, "No Dad, people babies." I told him again they come from Mommie's tummies, but Katie is not going to come from my tummy. That she came from a China Mommie's tummy. I think we bought us some time. He didn't ask for any more details. It reminded me of a conversation last year between Keegan and one of his buddies, Ian. It went something like this...
Ian: I'm going to be a big brother.
Keegan: You are?
Ian: I'm going to have a little sister.
Keegan: Is she coming from China?
Ian: No, my mommie's tummy.
Keegan: oh. My sister is in China.
Just thought it was cute.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment