Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Dear John Letter...

Dear Charter,

I wish I could say, "It's not you, it's me." But, alas, I can not. It is you. We have been together for 10 years. Lately (the last couple of years), you have not treated me with any respect, or shown any love towards me whatsoever. You act as if you do not want to be around me or even speak to me on the phone. You talk over me, are extremely short on the phone or you just plain hang up. Yes, I know you said you were 'transferring' me, but it seems that you always hang up. Perhaps some lessons in transferring may be in order, if that is truly what you were trying to do. I'm tired of your lies, never showing up when you said you would. Our relationship can not go on based on this. When you told me our 'connection' would need to be re-wired, were you trying to give me a hint? To me, it sounded like you wanted to continue our relationship, but yet again, you do not follow through.

Because of these reasons, our relationship must end. And to answer you question, I have found someone new. Someone that is pleasant on the phone, treats me with respect, and actually does what they say will do. Yes, I have begun a relationship with AT&T. We are extremely happy together.

I wish you no ill feelings, and do hope you can find happiness. But frankly, with your current attitude, it will not be easy. I will be returning your things REAL soon. Don't worry, we will return the modem directly to your corporate office. We plan on taking photographic evidence, so there is no miscommunication or mistake. You remember Atlanta, don't you? And yet, we stayed with you through that...

Have a nice day, I guess,
Terri

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. We went through the divorce from Charter about a year ago, and also found lasting happiness with AT&T. It's nice to be wanted again!

CC said...

ugh. I have no relationship with any of those companies. I would switch in a moments notice if I found a better price.

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Absolutely hysterical!! Oh, how I have missed your updates. Welcome back to blogville, Terri! And don't worry about the break-up...I didn't want to tell you this before, but I never cared much for that Charter. He just wasn't your type. I knew you could do better! We just want you to be happy, that's all!

Keri said...

Glad to hear you are up and running again and with happier service!!
So sorry to hear about PJ....