Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

Today was a snow day - NO SCHOOL!! Keegan actually was bummed. Which I'm taking as a good sign, since we've been having some school issues. Anyway, the neighbor kids didn't have school either. So we got a polite knock at the door, asking if they could slide down our hill. They invited Keegan to come out too. I told them it was no problem, sled away! Keegan built up some courage and then went out. I kept going and checking on him since Katie was napping.


Keegan before he went out. He didn't understand why the picture before he went out, but I told him that I always take a picture of him before he goes out to play in the snow for the first time.


Building up courage by sitting in the driveway on sled.
Courage on full, and going down the hill!
Pulling the sled back up to go again.
Alright, well, I am off to make chocolate chip cookies. From scratch. Those who know me please keep the laughter down to a dull roar. Why? I'm really craving some cookies. I mentioned it to Keegan. His response, "Mom you always come up with the best ideas on snow days!" Man, I love that kid!

2 comments:

Mama's Three Little Burkey's said...

Ooooooh!!! That sounds SOOO good! Nothing like the warmth of the oven and the smell of baked chocolate chip cookies to fog up your windows on this cold, snowy day! Hope you enjoyed every bite :)

Anonymous said...

You didn't burn the kitchen down did you? lol!! I hope you at least made them a little larger than normal! Big cookies work better in hot chocolate! Love ya! ;)