Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Katie Update

Well, Katie's been home 3 months. We have met with the social worker, gotten her birth certificate from the states, and gotten her a social security card. We also got the paperwork that she is officially a US citizen, which was extremely critical to obtain the previous two achievements. She is crawling around here and pulling herself up on things like a mad woman. She is extremely busy, and keeps a tight schedule. She enjoys to read and eat books. She can stand up by herself, and lower herself back down very well. She points and will direct you where she wants to go or what she wants to see. She says Momma, Mom, Dadda, Keeg, Eat, Top Top (stop stop), night, cheese, yes, this, and that. She gives high fives and will give kisses. Her smile will melt a room, and get her anything she wants. (VW bug, here we come!) Her nicknames are Katie, KaeKae, Sister, Sis, and Girlfriend. She will smile anytime she sees a camera. That is also when she says cheese...

She is growing like a weed. I've had to rearrange her bedroom because she was already able to reach the pictures hung on the wall. And is also why it seems like she's never in the same clothes twice. She is outgrowing them, and I pull out the next size bigger...


She is just a blessing. And to watch her and Keegan together is another blessing. They love each other so much. And they usually show it, but sometimes...








6 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but what size is she wearing? I probably have some stuff of Sara's she could have if you are interested in some hand me down clothes. :) If not, no biggie. Being the baby girl she may have a wardrobe full already!

Truly Blessed said...

Three months, already? Wow. That was fast!

She is, indeed, a blessing. Both of your children are. What darling kiddos!

RamblingMother said...

Happy 3 months. Love the pics.

Keri said...

Congrats to Katie on becoming "official"!!!!
Her and Keegan are so precious together!!!!!!!
I know I say this over and over, but I truly can't wait to see her one of these days!!!!
Maybe we will make it down to teh burg this spring....I hope!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Wish I could do that when someone close to me starts rubbing the wrong nerve - just unhook 'em and come back for 'em later. Too cute!

Allison said...

I just love reading your blog! The pics of Katie and Keegan are priceless...it's so wonderful how much they love each other! 3 months...wow- she looks like she's been in your arms forever... :)

Keep postin' news and pics...they make me smile!

-Allie