Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sinus Issues

Well, my sinuses finally caught up with me. This happens twice a year, but I actually thought that this year I might bypass the Fall issue ones. I didn't. So I am trying what I did earlier this year with stop drinking soda, plenty of water/tea, and taking some zinc. Let's hope it works!

It's so funny to stop drinking soda. Many of you that know me, know me with a can of Coke Zero or Pepsi One in my hand. I stopped cold turkey, so I've got the headaches. That's fun. But I keep thinking of that commercial where the person stops smoking. Have you seen that one? There's actually a couple out, but they basically portray a person trying to do everyday things with difficulty because they are not used to doing it without a cigarette in their hand. That's what I feel like. Like I'm forgetting something, or just something is off. It's crazy! Funny, but crazy! Probably a sign that I should quit drinking the stuff, huh?? Now, that sounds like crazy talk! ;-)

3 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Sorry, I have to chuckle that you picked a fine time to give up soft drinks -- you know you're going somewhere where you can't drink the water, right?

However, there is bottled water there (everywhere, and cheap, to boot) and you probably couldn't find a Pepsi One or Coke Zero to save your life in China, so it's just as well. (Ahhh...so you're the ONE who drinks those new-fangled drinks, I always wondered!). Seriously, good for you, your body doesn't need that stuff anyway.

FYI, when we traveled in June/July to China, my DH and I were really good about popping the AirBorne tablets. DH thought it was a gimick, but neither of us got even a hint of a cold, so maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's rather inexpensive to use.

Oh, and I like your new China purse!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up.This is what I do before going to bed at night--read Terri's Blog--yes I need to get a life!
That really is a cute purse--- but how many pairs of shoes are you packing?
The Anonymous Non Google/Blogger

Keri said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Your new purse is very cute. I was beginning to think you fell off the face of the earth since you hadn't posted for a few days!!! I look forward to your almost daily posts!!
Love ya