Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mini Love Affair

"It was seven hundred fence posts from your place to ours...

...Neither one of us was old enough to drive a car...


...Sometimes it was raining, sometimes it would shine...


...We wore out that gravel road between your house and mine...

I'd start walking your way

You'd start walking mine

We'd meet in the middle

'Neath that old Georgia pine

We'd gain a lot of ground

'Cause we'd both give a little

And their ain't no road to long

When you meet in the middle..."

"Meet in the Middle" by Diamond Rio

4 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Well, if that wasn't the cutest thing and the best use of song lyrics in a blog post, I don't know what is>

Although, on my "100 things about me" post I was tempted to put Toby Keith's song, "I wanna talk about ME!" on and ask people to turn it up LOUD!

Oh, and look for my packing list, I'll send it as soon as I find it in the archives here!

Mama's Three Little Burkey's said...

I'm really impressed with your collective pictures and poem that so captures the moment!!! VERY, VERY CUTE!!!

Jennifer said...

This is such a cute post! I once loved that song - back in the day :)

So, how about those tentative travel plans? This journey just keeps getting more and more exciting doesn't it?

You offered to send Kathryn's packing list. I'd love to take a look. We're FINALLY going clothes shopping this weekend. Can't wait!!!

Melissa said...

what a sweet post... and love that picture of the two of them hugging. So sweet :)