Monday, September 8, 2008

Maniac Monday Thoughts...

So I've got all these thoughts going through my head. Trying to deal...

**Packing. Chad is already packed and asked if I was packed yet. I think he wants to make sure we have enough room in our baggage, while still being able to pack light. So I packed yesterday. I think I did pretty good, and we should have room. But now I'm re-thinking some of the things I packed. I don't want to take anything too nice because I will send it to laundry while we are there, and I'm kind of picky on how much I would like particular items dried. But we're going to be in China and taking LOTS of pictures, and don't want to look bad in the pictures. See the dilema? Plus, I want to look nice when I meet my daughter.

**Keegan has been acting out. He has asked on more than one occasion if we are going to love Kathryn more than him. I reassure him that we love them both very much. I'm really proud of him for using his words, but how does a 4 year old think of this? He didn't hear it from me because I was completely clueless that he would even think a thing until he mentioned it. So I tell him alot more that I love him and give him hugs alot. Chad is doing it too. Hopefully it will help.

**I feel like I should be doing something, but I think we are just supposed to be waiting right now. I do need to work on getting our passport size pictures, but haven't gotten that done. Maybe that's what's nagging at me.

**We received the rest of Kathryn's translation of her file. We are extremely thankful for the information and helps us feel even closer to our daughter knowing her story and her milestones. I'm not sure I will share her story, because I feel like that is extremely personnal that she should share if she chooses. I will say, that I feel her Chinese mother loved her very much.

**We recieved our approval/renewal from the US Government to adopt her. That is always good news!!

**I'm not sure where it came from, but there is a roll developing around my waist. Enough said about that. Which adds to the stress of packing...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!!

Thanks to all for their kind comments/emails!! I tried to reply to all of them!! Thank you again!!

9 comments:

Keri said...

Terri,
I can't imagine all of the different emotions you have going on right now!! Hang in there and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love
Keri

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri,
What a smart idea to start packing early, gives you plenty of time to pack/re-think/re-pack/re-think, etc, etc. If you go through that process enough, you might just get tired of it & take hardly anything with you. Heck, buy everything new in China! That's my vote! (sorry, Chad) As far as the "mystery roll", I think there is some sort of virus in St. Louis attacking all mom's. I got it, too! They need a "smoothing" cream for such things.
Sounds like things are definitely crazy in the Keegan house. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
In the meantime, hang in there! These weeks are going to fly by.
Dawn K.

Anonymous said...

Terri,
You could never look bad so don't worry about what clothing you pack. Kathryn will love her new Mommy and Daddy even if they show up in trash bags. How could she not love you guys?!! Just try to relax and enjoy these moments.
Love you,
Michelle Y.

Jennifer said...

You are a gal after my own heart! I can so relate to the issues of packing, the laundry and not drying everything all the way, the not wanting to pack too much but wanting to look nice in pictures, and (sadly) "the roll". I really, really hope that Keegan begins to have a peace about all this. I will be praying for him. Bless his heart! Okay, now I'm off to figure out what else I've forgotten to do ...

Jennifer said...

PS: I want your packing list! I'm struggling ...

PSS: Congrats on the I-171 renewal. What a relief to have that behind us!

Dana said...

You sound just like me!!
We will both be fine, just need to
keep ourselves calm!! I'm happy all your immigration papers are done now.
One more check off of the list!!
Maybe you should partake in some
retail therapy!!
Dana

Melissa said...

You need to treat your self. You are dealing with so much and prepairing and getting ready for your daughter is something to rememeber forever. If things are getting to stressful and crazy (which they are bond to be) then take a moment for you guys to treat yourselfs!!!!

Truly Blessed said...

Ahh, yes, the packing woes (BTDT - twice!).

Don't stress, you can find almost everything you'd ever need or want (and LOTS of stuff you don't need or want!) in China. As long as you have the Rx and OTC drugs, you'll be okay.

If you want, I could share our packing list. When we traveled for OUR Katie (I still can't believe our Katies share the same birthday!), we traveled in November. I honed it to a fine point for our trip to Ella. If you want it, just let me know.

Oh, and your quilt squares are all sealed up in an envelope -- I should get it in tomorrow's mail. We received yours today -- THANKS!!

Truly Blessed said...

Oops, meant to say "I still can't believe our Katie's share the same given and middle names, nickname and birthday!"

Oh, and brother's name too!