Thursday, August 20, 2009

KaeKae vs. The Toddler Bed

In this corner, weighing in at 20 lbs, won't stay in her crib, spunky and full of life ~
Miss KaeKae!!!

In this corner, weighing in at 35 lbs, cute and reasonably priced from Wal**mart, carefully accessorized by Mama ~
The Toddler Bed!!




Round One

After about 30 minutes of crying, fit throwing, and who knows what else throwing ~ Round One goes to KaeKae...



Yes the child was wearing pj's when I put her to bed. Not quite sure why she choose to take off her current pair of pj's and then proceed to pull all of her other pj's out of the drawer and sleep with them. Riddle me that???



Round Two

Well, as we continue with more pictures, you'll see why KaeKae also wins Round Two...



Round Three
Can you find the sleeping baby in this picture??


My tribute to STL and also safety measures to insure no more emptying of the drawers...


Mama tries a different tactic and puts a different blanket on the bed (thanks Miss Kate)...


Round 3 goes to Toddler Bed!!!


Round 4

I did not know there was going to be a Round 4. But, this is the second night in a row that I have gone in to check on her and found her asleep standing up!! Just don't know how to call this round??? Technically she is asleep in bed, partly, anyway, right??? You tell me, who wins round 4????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am laughing hysterically!!!! Love the pics & love the commentary even more. I I didn't know that sweet Katie could go so "Mike Tyson" on her room & give that toddler bed the whooping it so clearly deserved....after all, it took her crib away: Bad toddler bed, BAD!
I can't believe that she is sleeping standing up! I would definitely call round 4 a draw....I'm sure that bed is as tired as she is!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! She must be one spunky baby! :) I think round 4 goes to the toddler bed for sure!

The Stuemke's said...

Love it!! I cannot believe she's already big enough for a toddler bed!! What a BIG girl she is!

RamblingMother said...

That is funny. My money is on the KaeKae!

Way to go Keegan on the big kindergarten day!

Keri said...

Too funny!!! I am amazed at how she terrorized the room!!!!:)
Wrigley just started getting into his dresser this week!!!
I can't imagine putting him in a toddler bet yet.
Was she crawling out????

You gotta love her....and good luck to Katie with the next round!!!!:)
She is a spitfire!!!

Nancy B said...

I think all rounds go to you! You are such an amazing mom! She is so lucky to have you, Terri! I love that you can laugh in the middle of all this!

Mama's Three Little Burkey's said...

Absolutely way too funny! Her personality shines in these "rounds"...all of her lovies (pj's, shoes, and stuffed animals) all contained in 1 bed...who wouldn't want to sleep with them for the extra coziness? :)